CANDLE CARE & FAQ
SOY WAX BURNING TIPS
- To ensure an even burn / minimize the wax left on the sides, burn the candle until the wax pool reaches the edge of the jar. (Usually about one hour per inch of diameter). This is especially important on your first burn as candles have a "memory".
- Glass containers are fragile: Handle with care. Avoid glass to glass contact when handling the lid, and don’t use jars that are cracked, chipped or scratched.
- Discontinue when 1/2″ of wax remains, as glass may shatter.
- Extinguish carefully before replacing the lid.
- Soy candles tend to have a flaky crusty appearance on the tops once they have been burned, this is normal.
- Soy wax candles gently release their scent. Be patient with the initial burn, and after that if If you feel like the fragrance is no longer noticeable, leave the area for a moment and re enter. You won't be disappointed.
CANDLE SAFETY TIPS
Candles can be a serious fire hazard if not used properly. Please consider the following to ensure safe candle burning in your home.
- Do not leave candles burning unattended, this includes falling asleep or leaving the house
- Burn candles away from things that can catch fire (like bedding, curtains, decorations and clothing)
- Keep burning candles out of reach of children or pets
- Follow the burning instructions on the caution sticker on your candle
- Keep wick trimmed to 1/4 of an inch
- Burn candles in a well ventilated area
SUMMERTIME CANDLE TIPS
Due to temperature fluctuations common in summer ( ex: open door retail environments, trade shows, the sun in a booth at the farmer’s market ) you may notice your candle "sweating".Candle Sweating is probably exactly what you think it is. It is when there are little beads of oily residue, “sweat”, on the surface of the candle. Occasionally, in a container candle, there can even be a downright puddle! Candle sweating is caused by a combination of things and 100% soy candles are notorious for sweating. ( lower melt point of wax ) Soy wax can release excess oil during temperature changes.The important thing to note is that sweating will not affect the quality or performance of your candle. You can just wipe the excess oil off the top and burn as normal.